Interested in shopping on a budget? You definitely won’t wanna miss this episode as Nolan schools us this week on the ins and outs of thrifting and reselling. There is an art to how he digs, finds, keeps and resells. Even though we absolutely love a thrifting moment, he educates us on the amount of patience and diligence you need in order to be successful in the thrifting world. Plus, we chat about how Nolan really scored big on threadUP and some of the other reselling sites he frequents.
We cover all of the questions about thrifting and how to know if you’re doing it right.
- When you’re thrifting, how do you know what to look for?
- How do I know what will resell?
- What is involved in the care in cleaning of secondhand clothing?
Later, we discuss The RealReal and why Nolan became besties with someone who works there (DUH). Tune in as we talk about pairing thrift shop finds with expensive pieces to make yourself look like a million bucks without the high price tags.
In This Episode:
- [01:50] Nolan loves a thrift moment; he opens up about his latest shopping trips.
- [10:50] threadUP is an online consignment store. Nolan says it’s pointless because they take forever.
- [13:10] When you’re thrifting, how do you know what to look for?
- [17:00] All about The RealReal and why Nolan became besties with someone who works there.
- [26:05] You can pair something you find in a thrift store with an expensive piece and look like a million dollars.
- Thrifting is not for everyone because it requires so much patience to go through everything.
- You can easily spend over two hours in a single thrift store.
- If you’re thrifting for yourself, buy whatever you love and make sure it fits.
- Style tip: pair a men’s shirt over a bikini to the beach; it’s chic and trendy.
- “Thrifting is a skill that you can develop, but I would say it takes a long time.” -Holly
- “I love a thrift moment.” -Nolan