How lucky are we that one of NYC’s best kept secrets, Makeup Artist Allyson Wisel dishes out the tea on make-up artistry! She has worked with the likes CBS and Fox Networks, published work in numerous publications and remains a go to for New York’s elite. Allyson discusses her everything from her editorial work, her dos and don’ts of beauty and the products that she would bring on a deserted island.
She educates us on the importance of skincare, sunscreen and the most common make-up fashion crimes that she sees on the daily. She’s also one our our bestest besties! Topics below all included!
FB: Allyson Wisel Vogt
- Works on bringing the inner beauty out
- You have to know how to getting around hi-def TV
- Doing make up on any complexion and skin type
- Putting make up on men
- Nude make-up/no make-up make-up
- Choosing the colors for individuals
- Basing it on your outfits but not overwhelming the clients
- Foundation or no foundation?
- Eye serum vs. face moisturizer
- Vitamin c serum
- Face oil
- Spending money on skin care vs. make-up
- Using a gentle contour