Nolan dives right into his most recent sales trip, where he found some adorable stuff, including the fashion item that he is most addicted to lately. Also, did anyone else make a New Year’s Resolution to be more financially responsible? We divulge how that’s going for Nolan. Later, we chat about the phenomenal outfits of Couture Week. Tune in as Nolan reveals how Valentino brought him to tears (it’s only the second time he’s cried at a fashion show), and we breakdown our favorite looks from Couture Week. Lastly, we explain why Chanel was simply BORING this year and how they committed the ULTIMATE fashion crime.
In This Episode:
- [03:00] All about our most recent sales trip.
- [06:50] There are all sorts of addictions out there, Nolan has a coat addiction.
- [12:30] The moment that really changed how Nolan looks at shopping.
- [21:00] All of Valentino is stunning – we breakdown our favorite looks.
- [25:00] Nolan explains that couture is not about the clothes; it’s all about the relationships.
- [28:30] We have a few more couture things to talk about – Chanel was simply terrible, and they committed the ULTIMATE fashion crime.
- [35:35] Another fashion crime – why are people literally wearing sleeping bags and calling it fashion?!
- Shopping is a vulnerable experience; it’s a very intimate thing. If you don’t feel a hundred percent confident when you try something on, it takes a lot of vulnerability to show someone what you look like.
- If you ever get tired on a shopping trip, you need a glass of champagne at lunch – it will lift you up for the rest of your day shopping.
- Shopping is a marathon, not a sprint. Take your time, and don’t be afraid to take a break.
- Couture is about relationships; it’s not necessarily about the clothes.
Colorful snowsuits and sleeping-bag coats: https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/19/style/wearable-sleeping-bags-snowsuits.html?campaign_id=40&emc=edit_tz_20210122&instance_id=26310&nl=open-thread®i_id=80305386&segment_id=50038&te=1&user_id=f213c109dccf1a006f6c26470573862f
- “I’m going to be in the poor house. Let’s be honest; I don’t care because I’m going to be well-dressed.” -N.M
- “You should be able to reach for the stars fashionably.” – H.K.