We are hitting the fashion game hard today because the idiot potato from the white house is gone, and guess what that means? Inauguration week!
It’s the dawn of a new day, and who doesn’t love inauguration fashion? We dive deep into what everyone was wearing for inauguration week. Spoiler: there were a lot of winners and not a lot of losers this year. Plus, we take a walk down memory lane and talk about Melania Trump’s fashion (crimes). Tune in as we breakdown which designers are a must-have for closets after getting loads of inspiration from the inauguration.
We also discuss the GAME CHANGER designers that the lovely first lady was debuting (who she has now sky rocketed their careers), GAGA in Schiaparelli, Katy Perry in Thom Browne and Madame Vice President Kamala Harris in Christopher John Rogers.
In This Episode:
- [02:15] The winning and losing looks of Melania Trump.
- [04:50] Why choosing American emerging designers for inauguration looks matters.
- [07:40] Inauguration fashion breakdown: starting with the beginning of the week.
- [12:55] We freaking love Michelle Obama; we review her fabulous outfit.
- [16:10] Fashion is not frivolous. We discuss Dr. Jill Biden’s cream flower embroidered custom Gabriela Hearst coat. TO DIE FOR.
- [21:30] How the inauguration can completely change the trajectory of a designer’s career.
- [29:00] Overall, no one was terribly dressed (except Melania Trump – her dress was just SO TRAGIC).
- Everybody wants to be a little edgy; however, you have to go very classic at the inauguration itself.
- No reasonable person would believe anything Tucker Carlson says.
- Purple represents unity because it shows how red and blue can come together.
- Sergio Hudson will make his way into your closet at some point soon – watch out!
- “The only thing I like about Melania Trump, seriously, I can’t find one damn thing to like about that awful woman, except for the blue Ralph Lauren suit that she wore to the last inauguration.”
- “Sergio Hudson will find its way into your wardrobe at some point, because who doesn’t want a Michelle Obama jacket?”